I’m not attacking anyone. I have just noticed a few things in the course of my life. Many people go with “what they were told / taught” instead of what actually is written.
- March 1, 2021 at 7:46 pm
In a crisis, time of turmoil and drama, folks say it was “DEFCON FIVE!” because “five” seems to sound scary. It’s actually the lowest level and means normal peace time. Defense Condition (DEFCON) 1 means nuclear war has already started or is imminent
2. There are 613 Commandments, not 10. 10 is the “starter set” given to Moses on the mountain to get things going. The rest were given at the Tabernacle while the Hebrews were wandered for 40 years. Read Deuteronomy. It’s NO coincidence that our founders insisted on the Bill of Rights – which total TEN amendments. *cough* confirms our Judeo/Christian principles as a country.
3. “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” Juliet isn’t asking where he is. She’s already been talking to him for 10 minutes. “Wherefore” in the time it was written means “WHY”. Summary…”WHY did you have to be Romeo? Of all the guys to fall in love with…it had to be with the son of my dad’s worst enemy….”
4. Armageddon. It’s a specific place and specific time for the final battle between good and evil on Earth. It’s a morphing of Har Meggido, a valley in northern Israel. Ten per centers…Google Earth is free to use. An attack with a large force from the north would use that valley en route to Jerusalem.
5. If you’ve ACTUALLY read the Holy Bible…forget what “you were told”…if you ACTUALLY READ IT… Current residents of Heaven: God. Jesus. Holy Spirit. Enoch (debated heavily). Elijah and Moses (as seen by the Apostles when Christ ascended), and the angels. Gospel doesn’t state the fate of the Apostles after they died. (So the concept of St. Peter at the gate…fairy tale).
When you die…you REST…IN…PEACE. You don’t go to Heaven or Hell (unless you’re Catholic, and commit suicide…you’re bound for Hell). WHAT DOES THE BOOK SAY? Well, when you get to the last part, The Book of Revelation…the dead rise from the grave and the Final Judgement, etc. Then you find out if your name is in either the Book of Life or the Book of Death. So if “grandma died and went to Heaven”…why would there be dead rising from the grave?
Yeah, when Father Flannagan or Reverend Billy Saul tells you so and so is in Heaven now…you automatically should know he is trying to a. Make everyone “feel better” b. Ignores the book he preaches from. c. Has no idea what’s in the book.
Just like politicians…clergy massage what they say, as opposed to what’s actually written down. Don’t get mad at me…READ THE BOOK. If you’re Christian of any denomination….and find this objectionable, and instantly go to “Well…here’s what I believe / been taught….” – then clearly, your belief differs from what is in the scripture that is supposed to be the foundation of your claimed religion.Iacet nobilitas mea.50
- March 1, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Only pointing out to what’s written down. If anyone says “I’m wrong” – pretty clear they aren’t reading what’s being taken apart.
Just like we live in a REPUBLIC, NOT A DEMOCRACY. We use the democratic process within that republic.Iacet nobilitas mea.50
Interesting take finger. I would dispute your point on number 5 somewhat. I am no theologian by any stretch but have some idea of the Catholic perspective. Your idea supposes Jesus, while free of sin, is also capable of a lie. Otherwise how could “the good thief” be with him in paradise this day.
- March 2, 2021 at 12:20 am
At this point, there is an apparent contradiction. Is Jesus a liar even though he is called a man like us in all things but sin? Was something written wrong? Or is it possible one, or likely both, of us don’t have a full understanding of the text itself. After all, eye has not seen etc.
In Catholicism, we have both the Bible and tradition which is helpful especially where the Bible can be interpreted in more than one way. With regard to this question, you have to accept that a person is both body and soul. The body rests, and the soul makes its way to toward its final destination. (Sometimes via purgatory, but eventually.) What about revelation? Humanity’s nature is both body and soul, the body is resurrected into a perfect form at the end of times when there is will be a new heaven and new earth. All that judgement stuff happens at that time and eternity commences.
There is other evidence in the Bible supporting this idea, but I’m texting on a phone. I’m not good at it. Just saying there may be more to the text than we realize. If you disagree, I’m taking it to defcon 5. That’s right, we’re good.We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.40
- March 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm
I’ve watched both of you on here, and listened to finger on air. I was already sure you both were 10%ers. After these comments, you’ve elevated yourselves to “top shelf” 10%ers.10
- March 3, 2021 at 11:34 am
BenzadmiralParticipantPoint 3 about the quote from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet is dead on.10
- March 4, 2021 at 2:51 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.