Alternative Tech

Forums The W&J Show – General Alternative Tech

Participant
    US

With Google, Apple, FB, Firefox, and big tech in general promoting censorship and selling your data, I just wanted to put out there a few alt techs that work great and are pro-privacy, work well, and are against censorship.

-I use Brave as my web browser now. Doesn’t share info and rewards you visiting sponsors if you choose to do so.

-I’ve also started using DuckDuckGo as my search engine now instead of google. Brave is working on their own, which I’ll try once it is released.

-For messaging, I’ve started using Signal. It encrypts your messages, doesn’t share them, and big tech hates it. A great alternative to FaceTime and FB messenger. It also solves the video quality issue when you text videos between apple and android phones.

Just wanted to put that out there for the 10%ers who are looking to stay connected but not tethered to Big Tech.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      Nice suggestions. I’m using brave now and this site works 100x better than on safari on my iPhone. Also downloaded signal. Thanks.
      - I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
      Fishguyjosh
      Participant
      US
      No worries. We can’t take action against big tech censorship without viable tools to do it. Another thing I like about Brave is that it shows you all the spyware it blocks on websites you’re on and how much time it’s saved you by speeding up loading. Plus, if the browser security is messing up the website function, you can quickly, temporarily turn off blockers for that site with a single click.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.