Bullying and racism

Forums The W&J Show – General Bullying and racism

Participant
    US
    I’ll start by stating that I’m almost 67. I grew up in Baton Rouge during the integration era. As a kid starting elementary school, I was always bullied because I was smaller than most everyone. I was picked on all the time. My dad boxed in the Navy. He refused to teach me how to fight, but, he taught me how to defend myself. His comment, “learn to defend yourself and you will grow from there”. By the third grade, no one messed with me. I was bullied once again when I went to junior high and the each grade of high school because I went to three different ones in two states. I survived all of it!
    I saw the worse bullying in the eighth grade when the government forced integration. The ones we called “the hoods” were those two to three years older who refused to learn and were kept back. They were vicious assholes who constantly bullied the blacks. I fought side by side with two of the males students because I couldn’t stand seeing five or six messing with those two with a gang mentality. Fortunately, after a few long weeks, most of that stopped. They were bullies and the only reason they did what they did was because they were raised as racist by someone in their family.
    The main point of this is: bullying and racism is wrong, but, without crap like this, one will remain a victim until they learn to stand their and defend themselves! America (government idiots) have created a bunch of pussies in today’s Society! The bullying I went through made me a better and stronger person today than I would be compared to those growing up today. And it definitely helped me in the service.
    If you stand for nothing, you fall for anything! And you can try, but, you can’t fix stupid!
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Replies
      SilverBullet
      Participant
      US
      Well yeah, today, the pussy motherfuckers get their feelings hurt over words. I’m good at words, I hurt feelings all the time. Fuck’em
      Shitposter mostly.
      Billw
      Participant
      US
      You made some good points Goat and I agree bullying and racism are wrong. But it seems now the lines of what is called that have become very fluid and adjusted to whatever the left does not like. It is a social issue and should not be used as a political weapon.
      Don't take life so seriously
      Oldgoat41
      Participant
      US
      I had forgotten about the song “Bullies” by Shinedown. Damn if it doesn’t made me think about all the Dems and their cancel culture bullshit! As the song states, who will cry for them when they are gone? Maybe their immediate family and possibly a few close friends. I believe that the majority of Americans will celebrate their deaths. Just saying me.
      If you stand for nothing, you fall for anything! And you can try, but, you can’t fix stupid!
      Billw
      Participant
      US
      I  never had to deal with being bullied, nor did I bully anyone when in school. Guess I was lucky in that way. I played on many of the school sports teams but kept more to myself and kinda hung out and knew people from many different “groups”. I did teach my kids and now my grandkids to stand up for themselves and not be bullied and to not treat anyone that way. 
      Don't take life so seriously
      rhinopm
      Keymaster
      US
      Good post, sir.
      Unless you are the leader, the view remains the same.
      Colt
      Participant
      US
      Hey Oldgoat; I am not to far behind you at 54. I grew up outside of NOLA during the era of “sticks and stones”! I can remember when we use to get together and talk smack about each others moma’s all in fun; we never meant any of it and we didn’t have to say it “WHY” bc words never hurt us; we use to jump canals with our bikes, play kick the cans till midnight, play tackle football in the street and that was when we were 12!  Today one word can completely ruin a whole section of the population; instead of a nation of laws we have become a nation of feelings, can you picture 18 year olds of today storming the beach of Normady? We are in a nation of decline, we have become soft, lazy and we have even made our pets fat and lazy. Bullying and racism is a part of life in all cultures since the beginning of time, how we are to handle it makes us rise above it. We need to be tougher than this; American Patriotisms use to mean America toughness!
      jennifer
      Participant
      I grew up in upstate NY as a poor farmers daughter. We had what we needed, but just enough.  I didn’t grow up with white privilege.  I don’t even know what that means!  I decided to go to college and (back then) there was a book at the school to look through to get scholarships.  I had a 3.7 GPA, I worked full time, and paid my own way through school.   I couldn’t find a single scholarship that applied to me because I was not smart enough, not dumb enough, not the right skin color.  I was shocked!   I live in Louisiana now and don’t know what to think.  Ive moved around the world in the military, been treated equally, been treated poorly.  But I have never treated  anyone differently based on the color of their skin.  Why am I the bad guy.  My family had hardships, just as many of your have.
      Oldgoat41
      Participant
      US
      Good points Jennifer. I witnessed the same things you saw when I lived in Maryland my HS junior year. All colors got along. If someone didn’t like another, it was a personal reason, not a racial one. While I was in the military, the only thing that mattered was the ones who had your back. We had blacks, whites, and a few Hispanics. Heck! There were several south Vietnamese who were buddies.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.