Can anyone out there think of a clever way to answer this stupid question?

Forums The W&J Show – General Can anyone out there think of a clever way to answer this stupid question?

• Replies
      Because if you aim for the leg and miss towards the middle, you may accidentally reassign the target’s gender.
      - I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
      Jed
      Participant
      US
      Sounds like Chief Woods answer the question pretty good. I’ll add that a leg wound probably wouldn’t have stopped the attack.
      “You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      bob14089
      Participant
      You aim for center mass because its a large target and easier to hit. Aiming for the legs is hard to hit and if you miss the bullet traveling at an agle will ricochet and go wherever it wants. Agian play stupid games , win stupid prizes. She got what she earned!
      Ninth Ward Yat
      Participant
      Too much danger of causing a brain wound if they shoot high and accidentally hit them in the ass.
      BayouMerica18
      Participant
      US
      Center mass for largest target area. Officers shoot to halt the threat not to wound or kill. This situation is specifically covered in Deadly force defense of others in a reasonable danger of gross bodily harm or death.
      It’s reasonable agree that officers in elevated stress should not begin aiming for extremities due to a likely hood of causing harm to by standers. This was all around a justified shooting. Close to book and good night. Love you W&J. Eat it everyday
      MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      People that know nothing about firearms should not be allowed to ask questions. Take some firearms training then come back and ask questions!
      snowwolfcdt
      Participant
      US
      everyone here knows that police officers are trained to follow rules in escalation. when the suspect is unarmed you pull your taser. if the suspect pulls a knife the officer pulls his gun but still tries to deescalate. but stays ready to end the confrontation. if the suspect pulls a gun you end them because if they pull out a gun they mean to use it. that officer wants to go home to their family. quit jumping on these officers and start jumping on these morons instead.
      Squirrel's are evil wrapped in cute fur. Dems try to be cute you be the judge.
      K2
      Participant
      US
      My favorite, somewhat related, story is the guy who got shot by police some large number of time (>30?). The sheriff was asked why they shot the guy that many times. The sheriff without hesitation replied because they ran out of bullets.

If an officer has to pull his gun to stop a violent act he is giving one last chance for the criminal to stop because when he pulls that trigger, the stopping method has just become shoot to kill. The number of bullets is just ancillary.

We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      GeorgiaGuy
      Participant
      none
      Because magic is make-believe.

Police officers live in reality. Journalists should also.

Reality. Get some!

Joe3830
      Participant
      We could…In the movies.
      Appalachia Guy
      Participant
      US
      I’m glad the bullet didn’t exit the “alleged” perp and kill the victim of the knife assault. That would have been a firestorm….and sad.

13rent
      Participant
      none
      Because cops hate black people and its much easier to kill them if you shoot them in the torso.

Stupid questions deserve stupid answers!

K2
        Participant
        US
        Yes but, let’s not say anything to paint more of a target on our defenders.
        We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      Acidic
      Participant
      US
      “Because you’re an idiot. Next question.”
      Gumbo Boudin
      Participant
      US
      There is no correct answer. If the cop did nothing he would be allowing someone to die. A shot in the leg can kill you as there is a major artery there. If he used a taser there is not certain it would work. If he used a baton it would be another rodney king. There is no correct answer.

Snitches get Stitches

George
      Participant
      US
      The Mozambique Drill, as the officer in question had marksmanship military skills.
      George
      Participant
      US
      Benzadmiral
      Participant

quotemyboatinsurance: Because if you aim for the leg and miss towards the middle, you may accidentally reassign the target’s gender.

There was a scene about that in this morning’s rerun of [i]Hill Street Blues[/i] from 1984.  Woman detective is aiming for the guy’s leg, and, well, things did not go well.

George
      Participant
      US

Benzadmiral:

quotemyboatinsurance: Because if you aim for the leg and miss towards the middle, you may accidentally reassign the target’s gender.

There was a scene about that in this morning’s rerun of [i]Hill Street Blues[/i] from 1984.  Woman detective is aiming for the guy’s leg, and, well, things did not go well.

She should have walked out onto her mansion balcony and fired two shots from her double-barrel shotgun, like Doctor Jill Biden was advised.

BlackenFish
      Participant
      none

People watch to much lethal weapon..a shot in the leg will kill if a artery is hit..just give cops miniguns’ so they can hit the leg.

Staring at the Sun for spots  
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.