Decent music for us that grew up in the 80/90/00’s.

Forums TV, Movies, Music & Video Games Decent music for us that grew up in the 80/90/00’s.

Participant
    US
    Check out 101.5 Bob Rocks.

It’s from PA.

Not trying to plug them as a station per se, but, DAMN, i listened to their music for a few years since their inception!!!

Its about the only rock/metal station that i listen to.

i cant stomach any of the “alternative stations” in the deep south….

So, if you are looking for metal, and or rock, do it!!!

they have a live feed!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      Cueist
      Participant
      US
      Ozzy’s Boneyard, Hair Nation, Classic Rewind, and Classic Vinyl Sirius XM!!
      Cueist
      DrStrangeLove
      Participant
      none
      Rock music BEFORE the late 80’s was decent; the party really ended for us all in 1990, when “alternative rock” formed. And here we are—30 years later—and ALL the major music corporates still drag around “alternative rock” bands that are lucky to last a week, if not sooner than that.

Rock as my generation knew it to be, died by 2000; it’s as if major record label talent scouts really went out of their way to find the most talented HACKS in music–and made them celebrity stars by merely HYPING them to be everything they’re NOT—which included being talented.

And in the years since 2000, I hear people to this day, lament hope and pray for the resurrection of Rock n’ Roll–and I can tell you this:  It’s NEVER gonna happen—unless the music consumer base STOPS buying their music in protest….and it’s been 30 years and THAT hasn’t yet happened, so I seriously doubt it will anytime soon–much as I’d love to see REAL ROCK return.

MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Rock got to fragmented…
      jwill
      Participant
      Nickelback…lol
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.