Failed Doomsday Predictions

Forums The W&J Show – General Failed Doomsday Predictions

• Replies
      Election_Fortifier
      Participant
      none
      A few years ago I saw a documentary that pointed out that the green movement didn’t really get underway until after the berlin wall came down.  The idea being that the commies picked earth day as their new way to destroy capitalism.  Hard to argue against it.
      The only way to have free elections is with ID and pottery shards.
      OLDKOZ
      Participant
      The whole aim of practical politics … | Live by quotes
      2dueces
      Participant
      Read “State of Fear” by Michael Crichton

The medias job is to keep sheep scared of their own shadow. Just a few examples

Nuclear Destruction. Children taught to duck and cover. Let’s scare the shit out of 8 year olds at school. Bomb shelters for adults. Fun time. That was a great in for 50 years until the wall fell in 1989.
      So the media had to find a new scare tactic for nightly news. Global warming was always a topic but it moved front and center.
      How could we forget the Oxone scare? Not only did the ozone heal itself but the media helped companies make billions with new Freon and chemicals for spray cans.
      How about Y2K. Another world ender. Another mega profitable venture.
      So many more but as you see every doom and gloom prediction brings mega billions to select few.
      Green energy? Lmao the biggest doom and gloom profit maker of all time. They’ve really outdone themselves this time. And the leftists boot step right along with it while the Koch brothers, AL Gore and the ilk laugh all their way to the bank account.

MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Fuck when I was a kid it was the coming ice age and the A-BOMB, then global warming now climate change. Because when the time frame fails the game has to change!!
      Billw
      Participant
      US
      Guess they figure if they keep throwing things out there at some point they will be right. In the meantime they try to scare people to do what they want. It’s been going on since the start of civilization.
      Don't take life so seriously
      Captain_Kikaz
      Participant
      none

Billw: Guess they figure if they keep throwing things out there at some point they will be right. In the meantime they try to scare people to do what they want. It’s been going on since the start of civilization.

Yup.  I remember being told that by 2000 we would be in the midst of another ice age.  Then it was acid rain.  I also remember being made to sit and watch a movie about a bunch of kids stuck inside in class all the time because of the bad weather outside.  They bullied some kid, locked him in a closet and suddenly the sun came out, so the kids got to run outside for the few minutes the sun was out.  It was a once a year thing, I think.   It was supposed to teach us about pollution and bullying I guess.    Anyway, we then went to global warming.  That blew up in their faces.  So now it’s the broad brush of climate change.  Everything is climate change.

Billw
        Participant
        US
        You are right about that. They have been playing the climate change card for some time now. Guess they like their chances with that one as the earth goes through cycles of climate change but, of course, they will spin it for what they want people to do. Much like in the past when the clerics and rulers would say that every drought, flood or pandemic was cause by the people not doing what they told them to and they “angered the gods”.
        Don't take life so seriously
      K2
      Participant
      US
      Wait, don’t you believe in science? I mean watch what happens when I input numbers into this computer model I made. Everyone dies! We can’t risk letting this possibility come true. Everyone must now drive from the middle seat. It may be the only thing that saves us from this horrible fate.

Trust the science. Trust the computers. Drive the middle seat.

We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.