Family Guy

Forums TV, Movies, Music & Video Games Family Guy

Participant

In this time of cancel culture I’m very surprised that the television show Family Guy has been basically unscathed.  I love the show but they sure push the envelope.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      Collin1224
      Participant
      US
      Unfortunately Family Guy stopped being funny years ago. Ever since season 16 it’s been extremely tamed and lazy.

I fear South Park will soon do the same.

Dickigaloot
      Participant
      US
      Seth McFarland the creator of Family Guy is a Leftist Democrat so he and his show is safe. They had pro Democrat episodes praising Obama. He’s on the side where he can get away with it.
      "There was a HOLE here. It's gone now."
      xXx_69four20_xXx
      Participant
      CL
      It baffles my mind that people still watch television, I haven’t turned one on in over 6 years. Whenever I’m looking at one at someone else’s house, I have to hold my tongue (or open my mouth and get bitched at) at how much propaganda comes out of the shit. People let their children watch that crap for God’s sakes..

I have a 2020 car and all I listen to is AM radio.. I can at least choose what I watch on the internet with my phone.

The propaganda is real folks. It’s disgusting. I can’t even begin to say what I want or how I feel about what is truly on main stream media because I’ll probably get banned.

Persistence can piss a hole through a mountain.

Family guy went all anti-Trump in recent seasons, therefore safe.
      - I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
        Jed
        Participant
        US
        If you want apolitical, try Bob’s Burgers. Hilarious.
        “You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
          I’m going to take a 10%er rec on that one. I felt like I couldn’t stand it in the 30 seconds I’ve seen, but I trust the WJ fans to give it a shot.
          - I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
          Been watching bobs burgers thanks to this rec. hilarious

Superballs
      none
      DrStrangeLove
      Participant
      none
      I never really got into Family Guy; Seth McFarland’s Leftist Liberal ideologies offend me.

But I have heard how many FG episodes really did “push the envelope” and got away with it.

And while McFarland may have some executorial clout with Fox Network….he couldn’t save The Orville from tanking…..

Superballs
        none

DrStrangeLove: I never really got into Family Guy; Seth McFarland’s Leftist Liberal ideologies offend me.

But I have heard how many FG episodes really did “push the envelope” and got away with it.

And while McFarland may have some executorial clout with Fox Network….he couldn’t save The Orville from tanking…..

Saaayyy wuuuuut?!? The Orville didn’t tank … they decided to move to Hulu because they weren’t happy with the time constraints associated with network television. You don’t sound like a fan of The Orville. I’m here to testify that The Orville is a brilliant show … I can’t wait for season 3 …

DrStrangeLove
          Participant
          none
          Actually, I really DID like “The Orville”–and McFarland’s subtle nudges of humor ( like the Orville’s banana peel split design, when viewed sideways) he had put in the show.

And I enjoyed EVERY episode from both seasons….

Alas….I don’t subscribe to Hulu and don’t intend to….so……as far as seeing The Orville Season 3, I’m flurked; it’s something I can live with.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by DrStrangeLove.
      Superballs
      none
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.