I think the Chauvin decision was the right one.

Forums Real News I think the Chauvin decision was the right one.

This way he can get a fair trial on appeal when no one cares any more. This was the only way he could get out without the left going apeshit. I’d be willing to bet the reason it went so quickly was the jury realized it was the only way out for themselves as well as him.
    - I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Replies
      Billw
      Participant
      US
      That is a good point in a crazy way. The whole trial was a mockery of how the system is supposed to work. The jury was no doubt pressured by what they knew what would happen if they went for a lower charge or no charge plus they knew that who they were would be leaked out and they and their families would have to deal with it. The case leaves appeals wide open and without the outside pressure he may get a fairer trial.
      Don't take life so seriously
      K2
      Participant
      US
      I like that you think there was some degree of strategy here. I wish I believed that I also thought it was true. Here’s what the country watched today: a man, with little evidence against him, be convicted due to the influence of the mob.  Whether they passed down a bogus conviction in fear or outbof strategy matters very little. Today the mob learned that they now own the system. I know it is a lot to ask, but until someone stands up and refuses to act out of fear, the mob will rule this country.

Unfortunately, it won’t stop with this case. It’s going to spread. Next will be Kyle Riddenhouse and the cop who fired a gun instead of a taser. You think the mob won’t be there too? And do you really think they are going to let Chauvin have a quiet appeal? They kicked the can down the road like so many have, but the road is now getting pretty close to the end.

It’s not all on them either. There has to be a counter force that says if you stand up to the mob we stand by you and will defend you. If these people have to face down a mob alone everything, we all lose. Cops are already dropping in number even faster than the defending. They have targets on their backs and no political support.

We stand together or we fall.

We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      They’re going to forget about this case as soon as the next one starts. If Duarte or whatever the name was in Brooklyn Heights came up tomorrow, George would have been forgotten just like Trevon was.  Did Trevon go to appeals court? No idea. Just like Chauvin. Media only cares about here and now opportunity.  A mistrial would have kept this active in the eyes of the mainstream – this action after Maxine’s outburst may have been chess, not checkers.
      - I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
      I get what you’re saying but we can’t have a great country if we just say the ends justify the means here. No matter the reason; convicting someone of a crime they clearly didn’t do, sacrificing an officer and the truth, just to clear the air and hope no other consequences befall them is just plain WRONG. And of course the cities will burn anyway now or later since this will only spur on more cops to leave the force and I can’t blame them for leaving.

This is an abhorrent injustice in our supposedly fact-driven Justice System. I believe our great country just got a whole lot darker today when we start convicting police of doing their jobs with an approved suppression technique and getting complete trash off our streets basically by the book the way way he was trained.

Really though I do need to learn this magical technique of suffocating someone with 5x the lethal dose of drugs in their system with just a knee on their shoulder blade and causing no damage to the airway at all. Even the garbage police chief who wouldn’t even defend his own officer was forced upon cross-examination to grudgingly admit the knee was on the shoulder blade, not the neck. Chauvin must be a God-level Ninja master to accomplish that feat.

Lastly this debacle has now laid bare just how cowardly our nation’s people have become. Not only the jurors who are too afraid to arm themselves with the truth and face down their riotous neighbors, but now you have all the Fox News commentators, including: Judge Jeanine; Jesse Waters; and Greg Gutfeld; celebrating a unanimous conviction of 3 contradictory charges. The most sickening of which was Gutfeld, who I thought was always reliable to point out the obvious, actually say he was GLAD Chauvin was convicted on all charges even if he wasn’t actually guilty so that there wouldn’t be riots.

I am genuinely depressed for our nation for the first time, realizing that even the people who claim to stand up for the truth are ultimately cowed into silence, and even celebration, before the ignorant mob. Hard to feel optimistic when even a clear cut case is muddied by politics, optics, and self preservation.

snowwolfcdt
      Participant
      US
      I agree a huge miscarriage of justice has occurred here and all because a bunch of would be criminals stood on the sidelines ready to bang their swords if they got an answer they didn’t like.  however what’s worse than that as was previously mentioned this nonsense screams loud and clear if you are law enforcement you will be sent to jail for doing your job. my brother is a police officer spent months in training for the privilege, with this I hope he quits cause a screaming child that gets what it wants doesn’t stop screaming when it wants something else it screams louder to make sure it gets it next time. this debacle isn’t the end it’s only a sad beginning, and a dangerous one at that who is willingly going to do a job that could send them to jail at a moment’s notice based on nothing more than the outcry of the lawless and stupid.  I wouldn’t and my thoughts go out to anyone who has to deal with this next.
      Squirrel's are evil wrapped in cute fur. Dems try to be cute you be the judge.
        True true
      Slowjoe
      Participant
      US

I’m pretty sure their gonna have a mostly peaceful riot anyway

snowwolfcdt
        Participant
        US
        that’s peaceful protest pay no attention to the looting and broken windows.
        Squirrel's are evil wrapped in cute fur. Dems try to be cute you be the judge.
      DrStrangeLove
      Participant
      none
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Billw
      Participant
      US
      All of these are great points and I agree 100%. Mob rule has hijacked our justice system and mob rule is fueled by social media and the news media. In this case he may get a fairer trial on appeal because, as posted, the media and social media would of moved on to the next story they can use to ignite the mobs. Let’s face it, they have the attention span of a gnat! If police officers that use what they deem as justified force to protect themselves or others face criminal charges for those actions it won’t be long before there are no police as no one would want to deal with that.
      Don't take life so seriously
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.