Louisiana call to action

Forums The W&J Show – General Louisiana call to action

Participant
    US
    This is a message to everyone in Louisiana’s second congressional district. We have a golden opportunity to flip this seat. These off elections usually have a low turnout. If we can unite and all vote for 1 person we may even be able to avoid a runoff increasing the odds of success.

Bottom line is let’s pick someone and then we all go vote and tell your republican friends and neighbors to vote as well.

P.s. 5th district, you have work to do as well. Dont forget to vote either.

We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      Jed
      Participant
      US
      I’m in the 2nd. There isn’t one candidate that I’ve researched so far that I love, but I’m leaning toward Lirette. 2A is my biggest issue, and he’s the only Republican that hints on that. The Libertarian looks awesome on 2A, supports term limits for Congress, and has some other good ideas, but also supports a 15 year transition from oil and gas to “clean energy”. She has some other SJW crap too. Let me know who you’re thinking and I’ll research them more.
      “You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      K2
      Participant
      US
      I think Lirette looks ok. I wish he expanded on his thoughts on some more issues though.

I am a bit curious about your thoughts on Bernard. I haven’t been able to find anything on his stance on 2a. Otherwise, I am in favor of his pro-life and pro-family stance. He is also strongly in favor of the police. I’m generally not in favor of his education/ economic plan.

I would love to know your thoughts. Also, was there a republican debate for district 2? I could not find one.

K2
      Participant
      US
      Jed, I did contact Bernard about 2a issues via his facebook page. His reply was that gun rights a means of protecting our natural rights, and he is in favor of natural rights.

Additionally, another reason I think it is reasonable to support Bernard is that he already has the support of the non-WJ crowd from a sign poll taken from my local area. (I am in the general BR area which is closer to Bernard rather than Lirette, it may be different in NOLA, if you are aware of this being true, please let me know.) Again the idea of this push is to get any warm body who is not a democrat to fill this seat, and as such, any electable republican will do for this election. This may mean with settling with someone we think is not the best, but better than we would get otherwise.

I am just making the suggestion. Still open to ideas.

Jed
        Participant
        US
        I’ll have to give him another look. Here’s the only thing I’ve found on a debate.

I scanned it briefly and one of the questions was something like “how many votes to win a simple majority in Congress?”, so I’m not sure how much information you’ll get from it if all the questions are that stupid.

“You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Steve is my rep voted for him and will again…
        Jed
        Participant
        US
        Steve who? I don’t see a Steve on the ballot.
          K2
          Participant
          US
          I’m pretty sure he means Steve Scalise. That would mean he is in a different district. Marine, feel free to carry on.
      Gumbo Boudin
      Participant
      US
      With the Dominion machine that are still in use. This seat will only flip if they allow it too.

Snitches get Stitches

MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Thats correct Steve Scalise is my rep.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.