Masks down Louisiana

Forums The W&J Show – General Masks down Louisiana

Participant
    US
    Hey everybody wearing masks in Louisiana. Are you still wearing masks? This is a reminder that the edict by Governor Dumbbell stated that you are not required to wear a mask if you have a medical issue. Additionally, HIPPA laws prevent anyone from making you disclose a reason.

I’ve checked. Most businesses won’t bother you much. So all I’m saying is this: if 50,000 pothead can discover their glaucoma once medical marijuana was passed, don’t masks make you feel claustrophobic?

Remember. The masks and shutdowns will end when they are no longer tolerated.

I'm not racist. I hate everybody equally.
Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Replies
      hotshot1
      Participant
      none
      I wore mask 1 time under by nose in the beginning, NONE since.

I do not buy the fear.

BTW: WHERE are the “BIOHAZARD” disposal bins for used masks if the “virus” is so damn bad ?

TeriDavisNewman
        Participant
        US
        We are all getting hosed by the fake epidemic courtesy of the lying scumbag media.  I’ve never worn a mask.  I made my doctor write me a note.  I don’t know what pisses the Karens off more–my mask-free face or my note that tells them they can’t do jack shit about it.  I’ve only been asked to show the note like 3 times in a year.

Clearly I am being mistaken for someone who gives a damn.

"God wouldn't have made me the way I am if He intended for me to sit down and shut up."                                                                                                                            ----TDN
      Benzadmiral
      Participant
      [i]Hey everybody wearing masks in Louisiana. Are you still wearing masks? This is a reminder that the edict by Governor Dumbbell stated that you are not required to wear a mask if you have a medical issue. Additionally, HIPPA laws prevent anyone from making you disclose a reason.

I’ve checked. Most businesses won’t bother you much. [/i]

I posted this earlier, but it didn’t go through I guess.  They still bother you.  They’ll honor my doctor’s letter, but not without a hassle.  Security guards in the grocery store?  This ain’t America.   One stupid guard actually told me she thought the letter was a fake.  I invited her to call my doctor, and she declined.  Then I wrote a letter, not an email, to the manager of that store (the Gretna one at Stumpf and the Expressway) with a copy to the home office.  Strange to say, the guards were gone from that store the next week, and now that store does not bother me at all.

We need to have a mass movement of citizens gather outside a store and march in, proclaiming, “Medical exemption!”  See what they do then.

rhinopm
      Keymaster
      US
      I tell them I have a medical condition as I am walking in… then as I walk past them I say “I’m allergic to bullshit”.  I’ve never been stopped….one tried to once, but I kept on walking.

Unless you are the leader, the view remains the same.
        hotshot1
        Participant
        none
        I told receptionist at America’s Best to stick the mask up her ass just before walking out ! …and said I’ll spend my money somewhere else.

Too many sheep are putting up with masks.

Some people just can’t grow some balls or a hoo-hah (whatever the case may be)

• This reply was modified 5 days, 8 hours ago by hotshot1.
      brett7921@gmail.com
      Participant

I have to wear a mask when I board vessels because it’s a Coast Gaurd requirement. It definitely sucks but they take it seriously.

wendyp
      [caption id="attachment_3606" align="alignnone" width="139"] What in the actual F IS this?![/caption]
      GavinB
      US
      I tell people I’m not wearing a mask unless I’m on the clock at work. Academy has already tried and failed with me!
      POYB  
      CaptRedbeard
      Participant
      US
      I refuse to wear one unless I am required to at work by the terminal that I work in.
      "When do you think a person dies? When a bullet from a pistol pierces his heart? No... When he's attacked by an incurable disease? No... When he eats a deadly poisonous mushroom soup? No! A man dies when people forget him" -Dr. Hiriluk
      DrStrangeLove
      Participant
      none
      Like others–and I’ve survived COVID myself ( the total experience was NOT any different from when I had the Flu, years ago )–I don’t buy into the evident overly excessive propagandist fear-mongering politicized hype about COVID.

That aside, and just for fair levity regarding the COVID ‘pandemic’, I wear the mask simply because it’s comfortable during this bitter winter weather. By time the heat of Summer makes mask usage ungodly uncomfortable, I expect to be vaccinated by then.

K2
      Participant
      US
      @DrStrangeLove

If you already had the disease, I can pretty much promise you that you have antibodies. Why would a vaccine be the thing that makes you able to walk around mask free? Will you get super antibodies?

JJ
      Participant
      Traveled through bogalusa, Covington, Hammond, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette yesterday.   Purposely stopped at a couple of convenience stores in each town, and 2 grocery stores throughout the day.   Never put a mask on and was never asked to wear a mask.
      writer125
      Participant
      As far as the mask goes, I’ll wear one in a store instead of fighting, much easier. But will never wear one outside and especially down here during the summer. With the heat & humidity, I know that will kill me. Now during the summer going into a store with a mask won’t be so bad since all those place are air conditioned. Unfortunately, this may be forever. There is talk of that and as long as the idiots comply, they will keep doing it.
        hotshot1
        Participant
        none
        I still refuse to wear face diaper.

Sometimes you just have to burn a little gas to find another store that doesn’t enforce masks.

Stores enforcing masks haven’t lost enough business !

bob14089
      Participant
      Lets not forget, its a felony to wear a mask in Louisiana except on Mardi Gras and Halloween.
      writer125
      Participant
      Unfortunately, its a felony to not wear a mask inside any establishment down here. Its a state law here. Mask mandate for all businesses and establishments. Don’t know how you all get away with it. I’m not dealing with getting arrested again and having to spend any more time behind bars. The first time I got arrested, was for public drunkenness back in ’04, the charges were later dropped. Might not be so lucky this time around. So I do it. If I have to wear a mask, diaper on my face, for the time I’m in store or establishment, then so be it. Its better than the alternative. I don’t know what else to do.
      bob14089
      Participant
      • Its a mandate not a law it takes legislative action to make a law. Beck nose edwards cant make a law on his own. Dont believe the hipe!!! They dont work anyway its control, are you a government mule? Im not!!!
        K2
        Participant
        US
        @Bob14089

Wow, it really is illegal to wear masks. I looked it up today while being bored. Technically, it gives an exemption for medical purposes, but this is kind of a stretch. I have provided the text and the link for everyone’s convenience.

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/law.aspx?d=78402

RS 14:313

§313. Wearing of masks, hoods, or other facial disguises in public places prohibited; penalty; exceptions; permit to conduct Mardi Gras festivities; wearing of hoods, masks, or disguises by sex offenders

A. No person shall use or wear in any public place of any character whatsoever, or in any open place in view thereof, a hood or mask, or anything in the nature of either, or any facial disguise of any kind or description, calculated to conceal or hide the identity of the person or to prevent his being readily recognized.

B. Whoever violates this Section shall be imprisoned for not less than six months nor more than three years.

C. Except as provided in Subsection E of this Section, this Section shall not apply:

(1) To activities of children on Halloween, to persons participating in any public parade or exhibition of an educational, religious, or historical character given by any school, church, or public governing authority, or to persons in any private residence, club, or lodge room.

(2) To persons participating in masquerade balls or entertainments, to persons participating in carnival parades or exhibitions during the period of Mardi Gras festivities, to persons participating in the parades or exhibitions of minstrel troupes, circuses, or other dramatic or amusement shows, or to promiscuous masking on Mardi Gras which are duly authorized by the governing authorities of the municipality in which they are held or by the sheriff of the parish if held outside of an incorporated municipality.

(3) To persons wearing head covering or veils pursuant to religious beliefs or customs.

(4) To persons driving or riding a motorcycle.

(5) To persons wearing a helmet or mask for medical purposes or reasons.

D. All persons having charge or control of any of the festivities set forth in Paragraph (C)(2) of this Section shall, in order to bring the persons participating therein within the exceptions contained in Paragraph (C)(2), make written application for and shall obtain in advance of the festivities from the mayor of the city, town, or village in which the festivities are to be held, or when the festivities are to be held outside of an incorporated city, town, or village, from the sheriff of the parish, a written permit to conduct the festivities. A general public proclamation by the mayor or sheriff authorizing the festivities shall be equivalent to an application and permit.

E. Every person convicted of or who pleads guilty to a sex offense specified in R.S. 24:932, is prohibited from using or wearing a hood, mask or disguise of any kind with the intent to hide, conceal or disguise his identity on or concerning Halloween, Mardi Gras, Easter, Christmas, or any other recognized holiday for which hoods, masks, or disguises are generally used.

Acts 1999, No. 1043, §1; Acts 2008, No. 400, §1; Acts 2017, No. 295, §1.

TeriDavisNewman
        Participant
        US
        It’s a MANDATE which carries NO WEIGHT OF LAW.  In order to be a felony, it would have to have been passed by both of the state houses of the legislature and signed into law by Dumb BelEdwards.  It’s essentially intended to intimidate people into thinking it’s a law, but it is not.  If you were arrested for it, you could go to court and ask to be shown the LAW you broke and then you have a dandy lawsuit for being arrested for no reason and a 6-figure apology.  However the idiot sheep just keep doing it.

“Rosa Parks could have walked to the back of the bus, but she didn’t.  Sometimes you have to take a stand.” —–TDN
        "God wouldn't have made me the way I am if He intended for me to sit down and shut up."                                                                                                                            ----TDN
      mrsfury
      Participant
      none
      I wear one in stores because it’s easier than arguing. I’m ready to not wear one at all but I like to shop for my own groceries and they require them at most small stores here. When we go out to eat we never wear one since you can take them off anyway.
      I like kids. They taste like chicken.
        writer125
        Participant
        And so what do you do when a business or establishment is ready to either not let you in or ready to throw you out or call the cops for breaking the law by not wearing a mask? What do you do then? Would like to know what you do then.
          rhinopm
          Keymaster
          US
          They CAN NOT arrest you for not wearing a mask.  THEY CAN ask you to leave, and if you do not leave, they can have you charged with trespassing or ‘Remaining After Being Forbidden’

Moral of the story: If they ask you to leave, please comply.  You will not get arrested.

Unless you are the leader, the view remains the same.
        hotshot1
        Participant
        none
        I have told 1 or more businesses to stick the mask up their ass.

I wore mask 1 time under my nose. I HAVE NOT worn mask since and refuse to stay home.

I AM seeing more and more people WITHOUT masks !

K2
      Participant
      US
      I have yet to encounter that situation, but I do keep a bandana just in case. My main point is that there is a loophole and freedom loving America’s should exploit it as often as possible.

I imagine that in state or federal buildings you would be enquired to wear one despite the loophole. I’m not suggesting that you go to jail over the issue. My point is simply that you shouldn’t need tobin most cases.

ipoopdaily
      Participant
      none
      Kenny is giving up his mask for lent
      mrsfury
      Participant
      none
      Today I did it. I went to Winn Dixie, Rouses and Exxon without my mask. No one said a word to me. I felt eyes on me but whatever.
        K2
        Participant
        US

mrsfury: Today I did it. I went to Winn Dixie, Rouses and Exxon without my mask. No one said a word to me. I felt eyes on me but whatever.

*Mel Gibson voice* Frrrreeeeeeeedoooooommmmm!

JJ
      Participant
      If nobody wears a mask……. what will the authorities do???

hotshot1
        Participant
        none
        Do like I do: Stare right back at the maskers !
      mrsfury
      Participant
      none
      Today I went to Walmart without a mask. The greeter said, “M’am, your mask” I replied, “Yes I already have one, thank you.” and kept walking. My boss thought it was hilarious.
      writer125
      Participant
      But folks, if you go to a place of business like a Walmart and you feel don’t need a mask while in there and then get thrown out because you do, doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of why you made the trip over there in the first place? Just saying.
      writer125
      Participant
      But then they would say because of the virus nonsense, they will make an exception. You can wear a mask in a public place so you don’t spread the stupidity or want to be controlled like you should. Whatever those things are on the other side, I’m on the right side, will always say something. Then again, did they make the mask mandate even though they knew it was illegal? Just wondering.
        hotshot1
        Participant
        none
        I have NEVER worn mask in a LOuisiana Walmart ! I wore one under my nose ONCE before I got smart !

If a store tells me I need a mask, I say NO I don’t because I’ll spend my money someplace else and promptly walk out !

I told receptionist at an America’s Best that she could stick the mask up her ass !

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by hotshot1.
      JJ
      Participant
      Yesterday.    Amite, Hammond, Springfield, Laplace, Morgan city.   Multiple conv stores and one grocery store.   No mask and no questions.
      Big John
      Participant
      US
      North La. we not wearing no fucking mask
      Fuck Tank On Zero
      RottenTwat
      Participant
      US
      Im from Louisiana but recently moved to Texas. But go back every other weekend. Most people in Louisiana do not wear mask that ive seen and i dont when im there
      Kenny Webster
      Keymaster
      US
      Wearing a mask during COVID is like patching the Hoover Dam w/ bubble gum.
      Eat it everyday
      JJ
      Participant
      In Mississippi today.   No mask & no problems around Jackson.   Stopped in a few conv stores with no problems.    In the Kosciusko Ms Walmart, an obviously democrat door greeter told me masks were mandatory.     I politely replied,  I’m sorry sir, I’m unable to wear a mask due to my condition.
      he smiled and said ok.
      LeCoonArse
      Participant
      What ever happened to the “my body my choice” argument?
      JJ
      Participant
      JJ
      Participant
      Well, I survived another day……maskless.

All over Mississippi and Louisiana.

writer125
      Participant
      There are signs that say its federal law to wear a mask now. A lot of places now say that no mask, no service. You have to wear one or else you are not allowed to enter a place of business. But yet some of you are saying that you don’t need one. How is that possible? Would like to know how you do it.
      mrsfury
      Participant
      none
      I have read that most larger businesses don’t want to deal with the hassle of arguing with the customer. My husband has been going maskless longer than I have and now I’ll do it until they ask me to put one on. At that point, depending on where I am, I’ll either put one on or spend my money elsewhere.
      MAM67
      Participant
      Perhaps it helps that I live in LPAZ (the Livingston Parish Autonomous Zone), but I don’t wear a mask unless absolutely necessary. I simply walk into the place of business with a smile, and generally no one says a word about it. If they do ask me about wearing a mask, I ask what accommodations they make for people who can’t wear masks. The response is normally just to be sure and “socially distance” from other customers. Some doctors’ offices are Mask Nazis, others don’t say a word about it. I spend my money at like-minded businesses.
      K2
      Participant
      US
      @writer

Tldr: We simply don’t wear a mask as often as we can get away with it. Dont go sgajnst cops or lose your job.

The federal law only applies to federal buildings (and property?). Since I rarely go into a post office and have almost never been to other federal buildings, that has yet to affect me. They probably have similar enforcement for state office buildings, again, little affect here. I concede that some places make you do it as a condition of employment. I’m not suggesting you sacrifice your job for it.

All I’m saying is, almost any store you go in has a minimum wage employee watching the front door. If you tell them no, they really don’t care.

Small anecdote on why it matters. I went to Walmart the other day and didn’t wear a mask. During the time I was there, I saw 3 other people who had been wearing masks remove them. If we 10%ers set the example, others will follow.

MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Live and work in one of the biggest refineries in LA (Baton Rouge) don’t wear a mask at work don’t  wear one in any of the stores I go in don’t see others wearing them either…
      K2
      Participant
      US

JM: If nobody wears a mask……. what will the authorities do???

In Louisiana, at least, it looks like the answer is cave. It seems Dumbbell will relaxing the shutdown order soon.

Enjoy the success, but don’t back down. Now we need our voting process fixed.

JJ
      Participant
      !!!Taint Tater Tot Reeves to end statewide China virus restrictions!!!!
      he’s a dimwit.
      join me in a chant.
      ONE TERM TATE

ONE TERM TATE

ONE TERM TATE.

AND.

CULL CASSIDY

CULL CASSIDY

CULL CASSIDY.

Benzadmiral
      Participant
      The news today on the W-J Show is that Texas will soon remove ALL mask and closing restrictions!  And Kenny and Steve also said MS already has done that, and I think FL has removed most things, isn’t that right?

Time for a ROAD TRIP!!!

CoryJ
      Participant
      The more I go out in public, the more I’m convinced his is the stupidest time in human history. People blindly doing what the man on tv said to do, regardless if they think there’s any basis for it. I try and smile at everyone I see, mask or not, cause the one who don’t have masks generally smile back, and the ones wearing masks generally look embarrassed(as much as you can see behind the face diaper). This will only truly end when people stand together and say enough is enough, which is unfortunately not going to be soon because entirely too many of our neighbors are easily frightened and have no problem staying that way.
      K2
      Participant
      US
      I have been caused of going to soft on Edwards. Not sure how I came across that way, but here was my reply. I hope it clears things up.

Please don’t misunderstand. I have no praise for Edwards. There is a reason I called him Dumbell. I give full credit to the opening up to the acts of civil disobedience (notably not masking). My main point was that we should celebrate the victory, but not grow complacent. Our immediate next battle ground has to be the voting system. Currently the fact they are considering dominion systems is insane.
      All I am asking is that people use the energy from this small victory to move to a verifiable election system. There is no other option.

Benzadmiral
      Participant
      Walked into the Advance Auto Parts Store at 555 Behrman Hwy. in Gretna (Terrytown) yesterday afternoon to pick up a UPS dropoff.  The rudeness of the staff at this store was astonishing.  I cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition.  I have a doctor’s letter stating this, and told them so.  They not only refused to look at the letter, the manager’s exact words were, “Don’t even pull that around here.”  He added, “If you can’t follow the rules, we don’t need your business.”  In other words, they called me a liar!  The hell of it was, the manager hjmself had his stupid face diaper pulled down past his chin!

I refused to stand outside like a third-class citizen, finally got my package, and left.  I will be writing a hard copy letter of complaint to their corporate and district offices.

Stay away from the 555 Behrman Hwy. store.  They are not only rude, dismissive, and ready to bully a potential customer, they are apparently too stupid to spell the street name correctly on their own website (“Berham Way” instead of “Behrman Highway”).  Feel free to post this to Fartbook or Twatter or whatever you may be on — I’ve already posted to the Yelp page for this business.  Spread it around, and tell people!

writer125
      Participant
      Texas and Mississippi will do this until someone gets to both Governors and get them to comply with the nonsense. People are calling them stupid and they are going to kill everyone and so on and so forth. In other words, do this or else. And I hope no one has done the vaccine, put something in your body that you have no clue what it is. Something that can injure or kill you. They can say anything they want about it and the idiots will do it. Unbelievable.
Viewing 41 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.