My Favorite Bourbon….What’s Yours?

Forums Food & Booze My Favorite Bourbon….What’s Yours?

Keymaster
    US
    Unless you are the leader, the view remains the same.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      TeriDavisNewman
      US
      I hate to say this, but Jim Beam is about the only bourbon I will drink other than maybe Maker’s Mark.  I’m a Scotch drinker by choice and teetotaler by medical necessity at the moment, but I have a wonderful bottle of 18 year old single malt I am going to crack open when  they tell me I am better–or if they tell me I’m not going to be.  LOL

"God wouldn't have made me the way I am if He intended for me to sit down and shut up.    ----TDN

Finger
        Participant
        US
        You do know that…

After getting out of bootlegging instead of being whacked – old Joe Kennedy used his ill-gotten gains to ruin the stock market and got even richer doing it.

As soon as Prohibition was repealed (using his political connections), he bought up ALL of the import rights to Scotch whisky coming into the US.

So…if you’re a regular Scotch drinker – you’re keeping the Kennedy family rich.

Iacet nobilitas mea.
      keith2
      Participant
      My favorite is George T. Stagg………………but we all know that is impossible to get.  So as far as an easy to find, “best” for me, I have to go with Wild Turkey Rare Breed barrel proof.
      GavinB
      US
      Been Happy with Weller 107, because I can’t score Weller 12. Just had some Eagle Rare and I’m always happy to have it. Lookin for Henry McKenna 10 year, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof and I need to try varieties of Balcones.
      POYB  
      oldsalt
      Participant
      tried many ..my current favorite  Jim Beam Black
      BeefSupreme
      Participant
      none
      I like Evan Williams single barrel and Weller. If you haven’t tried the single barrel it is a must! Weller is a little harder to get. 6 bottles of Weller come in every Thursday at a little liquor store in Helena. You have to be there an hour of them getting them. Otherwise, these whiskey drinking people in Montana will buy it fast!!
      I'm a constitutionalist.
      JPERRY77
      Participant
      US
      Moonshine
        Finger
        Participant
        US
        Moonshine ain’t bourbon.
        Iacet nobilitas mea.
      ddeacon1
      Participant
      Makers 46.  To mix, Elijah Craig Small Batch
      MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      A whisky and a Scotch Whisky at that, McCallum 25 Single cask, cask strength…
        Finger
        Participant
        US
        The man posts a question about BOURBON…and look at your answer.
        Iacet nobilitas mea.
        TeriDavisNewman
        US
        McCallan 10  single malt is the best of the McCallan’s even with the almost honey finish of McCallan 18.   I don’t know why the 10 is so much better than the rest of them, but it won our Scotch club’s annual vote for best Scotch 5 years in a row.

"God wouldn't have made me the way I am if He intended for me to sit down and shut up.    ----TDN

Finger
      Participant
      US
      I’ll go with just about ANY good old American KENTUCKY bourbon.

Remember…what Jack Daniel started making isn’t bourbon.  It’s SOUR MASH whiskey.  The liquor is filter through charcoal into the barrels, and not aged in the barrels that are charred and waiting to be filled.

Iacet nobilitas mea.
      Seashog
      Participant
      US
      Elija Craig
      Old Gun Fart
      Participant
      Where to start? Baker’s 7, Blade and Bow, Elijah Craig is on the list…Love the Four Roses single barrel.

1792 and Buffalo Trace if I’m broke. Woodford Reserve most definitely.

stuperd
      Participant
      none
      Jefferson and then Old Forester for Old Fashioneds
      Don't force it......Use a bigger hammer.  
      SneakySleeper
      Participant
      US
      Kinda like the Finger, I’m good with any good ole Kentucky Bourbon.  If available, it’s Weller 12 and Blanton’s.  Other than that it’s Elijah Craig and Four Rose Barrel select.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.