New Coke

Forums Food & Booze New Coke

Participant
    Everyone criticized Coca Cola (for who I do not buy any products from anymore) for the New Coke.  The reason they did was to change their sweetener from the more costly sucrose to fructose.  If they did it on the run, people would have tasted the difference and got pissed off.  So they introduced “New Coke”, then people didnt like it so they used the opportunity to change back to the coke classic formula with fructose.  There is a reason mexican coke taste so much better…

Was a brilliant business move…but i still hate Coca Cola.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Replies
      DrStrangeLove
      Participant
      none
      Given the fact that Coca-Cola is one of the largest–if not THE largest–corporations on the planet, it’d be quite a feat for a boycott of their products to seriously affect their profit margins that’d gain CEO attention; I realize that.

But since Coca-Cola loudly encourages it’s employees to ” be less white “–as a serious company anti-racism statement, I too have completely stopped buying ALL Coca-Cola products.

MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Same here no woka cola products here.
      Jed
      Participant
      US
      I’ve also given up cokes after 35 years of drinking it. I couldn’t even finish what was left in my fridge.

Click here to see what I did to my remaining Cokes

“You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.