Road Cyclists and Ken Webs Beef on a Shish Kabob : April 28 2021

Forums The W&J Show – General Road Cyclists and Ken Webs Beef on a Shish Kabob : April 28 2021

Participant
    US
    I completely understand the “cyclist” double standard, as they too are classified as a “Moving Vehicle.”  Same rights, same violations for moving “vehicle” violations.  Okay.

The clothing?  Two factors affect a cyclist.  Wind and dehydration.  The clothing is designed to assist road cyclists to not flap in the wind reducing forward speed.  The clothing also wicks sweat at a safe rate while maintaining body temperature in all weather conditions.  Gortex is the tip of the Goldberg also used in motorcyclists, too.

I have actually parked a cage [bicycle term for a car or truck] to commute 55-60 miles a day to and from work on a 14lb carbon fibre bicycle made in the USA.  In europe, on any given commute to or from work on a velo [road bicycle] in heavy traffic cities, I would blow away most individuals in bumper-to-bumper traffic as I also did on a motorcycle splitting lanes.  Dangerous, perhaps, never kick a door or yelled at the motorist, most will give a pull to the right slightly allowing you to pass.

There are idiots out these straddling a top tube in lycra, agree.  The majority of the cyclists out there are very law-abiding and would take offense to call them – whatever you considered as reduced citizens sharing the roads.

Cyclist listen to your morning show too.

p.s. shaved legs are to repel ingrown hairs from knee and lower leg exposure during cold mornings or non-prime temps wearing tights.  I road in 30°F mornings or evenings.  Take the good with the bad, ride by the rules and be polite to all moving vehicles.

-So I agree.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Replies
      JM
      Participant
      My main complaint.
      when one or more cyclists  are peddling down a country road (hills/curves) staying in the middle of the lane not allowing the line of traffic behind them to pass.    This usually results in them getting a good dose of black soot from my exhaust when I do get the opportunity to pass.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.