Gilbert.Nash
      Participant
      Rush will certainly be missed.

Southern apocalypse
      Participant
      The loss of a true patriot.
      Twang48
      Participant
      Seems like I remember a book: Rush is right! Of course, He actually was.

George
      Participant
      US
      “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” –Benjamin Franklin
      Dysfunctionator
      Participant
      US
      god rest his soul.
      K2
      Participant
      US
      Well done, good and faithful servant.

Rest in peace, Rush. You will be missed.

We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      Kitimoma
      Participant
      US
      It’s the end of an era.  there will never be another to replace him.  God bless Rush.
      DeWayne Karnes
      Participant
      none

DeWayne Karnes
      Participant
      none
      My first attempt at a meme. This quote has stuck with me for 20 some odd years.
      bob14089
      Participant
      Rush was very influential in my life. I watched he tv show in the 90’s and read his books. I lost my mother 2 yrs ago on Christmas eve and we use to listen together when i was a teen. It was like spending time with her everyday when i listen and i will miss him dearly, he was also a radio gawd !!! God bless him and his family. Along with him and John there is a void that cannot be refilled. RIP Rush, we love you and will miss you dearly.
      MAM67
      Participant
      I grew up with W&J from the beginning back in 1983 – 15 years old with a brand new driver’s license – then Rush joined in my senior year in college. Together, y’all have raised me right. I’ve learned not to take myself so seriously, what really matters in life, how to think critically and articulate a cogent argument, and to do my best to emulate Rush’s respectful attitude toward all his callers. He was always patient, kind, did his best to put people at ease, and could disagree without being disagreeable; he truly wasn’t prideful, so he didn’t take their comments personally. He didn’t take the bait, but enjoyed playfully poking the bear. He and John were such fine examples of “being just what they wanted to be when they grew up”, a lesson I never forgot as I chose my own career. Both of these men were deeply devoted to their audiences, and continued to work despite intense suffering and physical pain. They did what they loved to the very end. Losing John, and now Rush, has felt like the loss of family. Their influence will stay with me, and I’m proud to say that my 19 year old son has grown up as a Rush Baby. May Rush and John meet in Heaven, sharing stories of Cape Girardeau and “Good Ol’ Garfield Elementary” until we can join them in our own time.
      bob14089
      Participant
      Just finished listened to Rush’s last broadcast. You could tell he was struggling but yet he was so strong. He was a guiding light for all of us. He showed so much strength even in his last days. He had to know it was over but he never cowered. It is on us now to carry his torch and never let it hit the ground. Semper Fi, my brother. You didnt let any of us down, we will fight even harder in your memory. Rest In Peace Mahal, we will never forget you and the lessons you taught us.
      • This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by bob14089.
      bob14089
      Participant
      Life is not fair:

Life is not fair by definition. Life isn’t fair. I mean, it just isn’t, and there’s no way that you can change certain aspects that make life unfair to make them fair. Life is not equal. Sometimes people earn more than others. Some people have children when other people can’t. There’s nothing unfair about that. That’s just the way it is. Unspeakable tragedies happen to some families; they don’t happen to others. Some people live a long time; some people don’t. There’s no explaining any of this. Nobody’s in charge of this. There’s no government that can change this, although we have plenty of busybodies trying to … [Life is] certainly unfair, certainly unequal but it’s not because America’s unfair. It’s not because America’s Constitution is unjust. …

None of these inequities or inequalities or unfairness means that the United States of America is unjust and immoral. None of it means that the way we’ve governed ourselves is unfair. It doesn’t mean that somebody owes you something. It doesn’t mean that you’re a victim of anything. It’s just called life.

Rush Limbaugh

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.