Star Trek: Picard

Forums TV, Movies, Music & Video Games Star Trek: Picard

Participant
    Was I watching Star Trek, or an unholy mix of Star Wars and Glee?  The characters spent more time telling each other and asking each other about their feelings than they did with their mission.  A moment or two of that belongs, but not every damn scene.  Not to mention the illogic of most of the plot and the fact that I didn’t care about most of the characters.  The appearance of Will Riker and Deanna was a welcome oasis in the desert of this thing, and that was Star Trek, but not the rest of this sterile doom-and-gloom fest.
    • This topic was modified 4 months ago by rhinopm.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      jason331
      Participant
      I’m not happy with the direction Star Trek Discovery is going either with the gay stuff. I don’t have a problem with homosexuality in general, just the fact that Star Trek Discovery, a show I really loved the first two seasons, has to show so much same-sex affection in every friggin’ episode now. Usually it’s two dudes kissing – enough already!
      AbbyNormal
      Participant
      none
      Seems to be that way across the board, watching the expanse and other things and their pushing same sex down our throats. Begining to be thankful I don’t have cable
        jason331
        Participant
        I *love* The Expanse – just discovered the show last month and have already binged through Season 5. I’ve started on the books now while we wait for Season 6.
          DrStrangeLove
          Participant
          none
          You have to REALLY be into The Expanse to fully get the REAL gist of the story. The intertwining multi-levels of galactic politics really put me off watching the show by mid 3rd season.

If you’ve survived all seasons of The Expanse, you own a badge of honor.

rhinopm
      Keymaster
      US
      The powers that be are more interested in pushing their LBGQSTLMNOP agenda than actually entertaining us.
      Unless you are the leader, the view remains the same.
      Beamus
      Participant
      US
      Sadly most of any SF today has to brag about being “woke.”  Star Trek (Discovery and Picard) is warp drive into it.  Doctor Who (my favorite) has fallen down that hole as well.  I have no problem with the Doctor being a female, but all the wokeness of the past two seasons is probably going to kill the show.  You can’t regenerate from stupid.
      "The world would be a much more entertaining place if stupidity was painful."    Neal Boortz
      Finger
      Participant
      US
      For an interesting take on things Star Trek…

Go to YouTube.  Look up The Critical Drinker.  Scottish guy named Will Jordan, who also has written some spy novels.

His reviews and videos are spot on.

Iacet nobilitas mea.
      Dysfunctionator
      Participant
      US
      HOW cool would it be, if they started a universe of/describing/begining Q?!?!

“Mon Capitan!!!” – John De Lancie

Txbuzzkill
        Participant
        The Critical Drinker is awesome I watch all his videos… except for his live shows, I don’t care for that.
        DrStrangeLove
        Participant
        none
        I was at first thrilled to finally see Star Trek Discovery–and that lasted about 7 minutes, when the liberal age political dynamics splashed onto the episode story–complete with scriptwriters dousing audiences overheavy with their “new gay normal” character insertions!!

And I once thought StarTrek Deep Space Nine was chock full of PC drama!!

However, with an open mind, I’d like to view StarTrek: Picard….unless it’s been overly “woke”>

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.