Student with a 0.13 GPA Ranks in Top Half of Class

Forums Real News Student with a 0.13 GPA Ranks in Top Half of Class

• Replies
      Finger
      Participant
      US
      I have a few teachers that happen to live on my street.  Here’s what I have been told regarding the “learning” from home nonsense…

All the student has to do is log in to class.  That’s it.  A virtual mark of “present”.  Most of the parents are clueless about what their child is doing in their room anyway, what makes any difference here?

I’ve seen kids walking around town during school hours…logged into “school” via their phones.  They set alarms to know when to log in / out of classes.  An occasional sign of life on screen, and that’s all they do.

The “student” and the parent can blame the “system” all day long with no recourse from any teacher that’s actually engaged. (few as they are)

Iacet nobilitas mea.
      Beamus
      Participant
      US
      Both of my parents were retired teachers.  Things in the classroom weren’t even close to what they were when they retired, even before the pandemic.  Why do teacher’s unions fight against requirements that teachers know their subjects?  The dumbing down of our children explains the whole Joementia thing (him being appointed vs. elected).  The idiot kids that have grown up in this system believe all the bullshit put forth by the main stream and social media overlords.
      "The world would be a much more entertaining place if stupidity was painful."    Neal Boortz
      littlelimabean
      Participant
      US
      What also pisses me off is the parent acts like she is shocked and out raged because the school failed him. Yes, the school did fail him absolutely. But come on lady, can you not see your son has issues reading or writing? I blame the school slightly more like 70% to the parent’s 30%. Often times parents aren’t educated enough them selves to know that the school is shortchanging everyone of a decent education.
      2dueces
      Participant
      The school failed him? Absent 272 days! I’d say he failed himself. What reason would a teacher have to try to help a child that doesn’t want help? The teacher has 30 students that show up. What student is that teacher going to help? One that’s struggling and trying or one that’s not even there? Lady I know you’re frustrated but take responsibility that your son doesn’t care. The schools are horrible but this is not a case where the student asked for help and was neglected.
        K2
        Participant
        US
        I would take it a step further. If a person never shows up to school, even a fully involved 1 on 1 tutoring setup with a fully engaged teacher can’t do much. This is a parenting issue first, and the student’s fault second. (Parent are first because the are generally in charge of disciple.) The school’s major issue is that they passed kids through school before they advance any.
        We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      Superballs
      none
      That kid’s GPA is about the same as the Covid mortality rate. According to the CDC, this kid is very likely to become a medical doctor.
      GavinB
      US
      And this is why they made Black spelling bees!
      POYB  
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.