Things to do in New Orleans

Forums The W&J Show – General Things to do in New Orleans

Participant
    US
    Myself and the family are heading in vacation late June. We plan to make a stop in New Orleans and spend a day checking things out. We will have kids with us so no adult fun to be had. Is there anything kid friendly to do in Nola or should we just pass it up and do straight to Fla?
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Replies
      13rent
      Participant
      none
      How old are your kids? There’s stuff like the WWII museum if your kids are a little older even the french quarter has stuff that older kids would find interesting if you just stay away from Bourbon street. If your kids are a bit younger a airboat swamp tour is always fun. I’m from the area and still enjoy riding an air boat!
      Jed
      Participant
      US
      I agree with the WW2 museum. That place is awesome. Might consider a ride on the steamboat Natchez too
      “You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      Gumbo Boudin
      Participant
      US
      The Aquarium is also nice as well as the ww2 museum. Mask nazis everywhere. Pay to park, dont try and park on the street. Its very common to return to a busted window and missing property.

Snitches get Stitches

Superballs
      none
      New Orleans is the toilet of America. That said, you should check out the sculpture garden in City Park. I think you can take a streetcar there (or close to there) now.
      AbbyNormal
      Participant
      none
      Pass it up! Latoya the destroya still has the place screwed up.
      BlackenFish
      Participant
      none
      New Orleans has a huge car jacking and armed robbery problem. Danger to fun ratio is not on the promising side. There use to be places that was safe but now it’s a hard gamble. I would go straight thru.
      Staring at the Sun for spots  
      K2
      Participant
      US
      My favorite thing to do in in New Orleans is walk around without a mask. You get a lot of angry stares.
      We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Take it from somebody that MOVED away from that cesspool  DON’T DO IT PASS IT UP go to the Mississippi gulf cost more things to do less chances of getting carjacked, shot, robbed or worst. It’s just not worth it believe me!!!
      mrsfury
      Participant
      none
      As someone who grew up in NOLA and worked in the Warehouse District until a few years ago, don’t go. I will never step foot in my beloved NOLA again. I even take I-12 around it when going to the coast because you can be shot on the interstate. The city is beyond repair in every way.
      I like kids. They taste like chicken.
      Benzadmiral
      Participant
      PrezElectKillDozer, if you haven’t gone yet, the above posters are right.  The Sculpture Garden in City Park, and the Storyland play park for younger kids, should be all right in daylight.  But the place has become a pesthole.  Sensible people are well-advised to steer clear.
Viewing 9 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.