Those of us outside of live listening areas….

Forums The W&J Show – General Those of us outside of live listening areas….

Where do you live?  I’m proud to be a Florida man now in the outskirts of Pensacola where life is mask-less, the beaches are nice, and the food is surprisingly good.  Originally from Louisiana and grew up listening to WJ, so the apps have been a life saver since I moved here in 2013.  I listen live through the WJBO station on iHeart, and catch up the missed stuff on the WJ app.
    - I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Replies
      White Wade Wilson
      Participant
      US
      I’m in Bama also but up here in Huntsville/Madison.  I’ve lived here for 16 years and Clear Lake TX prior.  Been finding a way to listen since I college in the 90s and listen now via the app.

I make frequent trips down to Texas to visit my mother who lives in League City Texas.

MerTz82
      Participant
      Chitown area, Libtardia suburbs
      herman8r
      Participant
      I live in Mobile. Originally from Gulfport.  I listened to the gawds on WCPR and had to start listening using the WCPR app. At first the app was glitchy but now it works awesome. I still love that station. I was able to listen to it over the air until a Christian station overpowered it a couple of years ago. I can’t start my mornings without the guys. I do miss John. RIP.

herman8r: I live in Mobile. Originally from Gulfport.  I listened to the gawds on WCPR and had to start listening using the WCPR app. At first the app was glitchy but now it works awesome. I still love that station. I was able to listen to it over the air until a Christian station overpowered it a couple of years ago. I can’t start my mornings without the guys. I do miss John. RIP.

I lived in Mobile from 2002-2008 and remember being able to get the show on good radio reception days.

- I insure more than just boats, but c’mon man, boats are...you know, the thing.
      LostInTime
      Participant
      Virginia here. Moved up from south Louisiana a few months ago. I listen to the show on Spotify.
      Whiskyb
      Participant
      CA
      Ontario, Canada here. Listen on Sonos daily for many years now. Stream it off the Rebel in Georgia
        DirtDoctor
        Participant
        none
        Thanks so much for telling me it’s on Spotify. i moved to Dallas from Baton Rouge a little over a decade ago and have found it every way i could, even when it was first being loaded on BeyondPod. Been using the app since it first came out. While i’m grateful that it’s free, it has the functionality of something that is free, but i’m grateful to have it and on spotify now.
        -Proud Oyster-person.
      wendyp
      I’m just over the river from Little Rock, AR (i wasn’t old enough to have voted for Clinton and i wouldn’t have anyway!)
      RomeyR
      Participant
      Extended Family is from Louisiana, which is how I know about the radio gawds and listen anyway I can from Arizona. Years back it was a podcast via WKBU, stream live from various affiliates and now mostly stream the app. Miss John everyday but pleased they have kept it going and Kenny does a pretty good job for a Chicago yankee lol. Love ya’ Steve Johnson, all four of you! Billy Ed could be my twin.
      20gbriones06
      Participant

Originally from New Orleans. I work as a traveling superintendent for a construction company. I am in Carlsbad, CA right now. Love the area, it’s beautiful. Hate the people and their liberal ass agendas. I listen to the Gawds a day late on the app.

Jdaplumber
      Participant
      US
      I’m in Charleston SC. Moved from NO in 2014. I’ve been listening since high school, class of ‘95
      thecap10james
      Participant
      Hey y’all!! Finally got into wjuncensored!!!!!
      Tony Savage
      Participant

Indianapolis here!  I left the South 18 years ago, so I listen on the app.  Trying to return to Houston this summer.

DustyB
      Participant
      US
      Huntsville, Texas.  Originally from Lovelady, about 34 miles north on Highway 19.  Usually listen on the IHeart app, or listen on the W&J app if after 10.
      Llama
      Participant
      US
      Colorado Springs, CO. Lived in Houston for about 5 years. Not super happy about living in a blue state but Colorado Springs is a very red city for it’s size.
        rhinopm
        Keymaster
        US
        I was stationed there at Fort Carson in the early 90’s (12B, 4th Infantry Division).  I gotta believe The Springs is a red area because of the Army and Air Force base and Air Force Academy there.  Our soldiers are definitely anti commie!
        Unless you are the leader, the view remains the same.
      GenXhunter
      Participant
      US
      I live in Lafayette, La. it’s a great conservative area in the south Central Park of the state. We love us some W&J.
      Jalapena
      US
      Hi, I’m in Houston, Texas BUT I swear I can’t catch W&J live from inside my house. I used to listen during my commute to work but for the last 2 years I’ve been working from home. Now I can only catch W&J via iHeartRadio KPRC 950am. on a torturous delay. I’ve been lucky to make the last few meet ups, meeting more n more of you wonderful 1o%ers. I’m glad we finally have an uncensored place to play.
      ~Jalapeña
      ruthEjames5150
      Participant
      US
      💖
      walmrtcrtrglr
      Participant
      Been listening since 87’when I lived in Baton Rouge. Live outside of Toronto now and I still eat it everyday. Listen through the iheart app with wjbo.
      Seashog
      Participant
      US
      Grew up in Da Parish, suburb of New Orleans.  Listened to WJ when they were there and kept on listening when they left.  Kept listening as I travelled for work on Iheart radio or podcast.  Got them in Yanbu, Saudia Arabia and Paramaribo, Suriname  and several places in Europe.  Now listen from the rural areas of south Mississippi and anywhere my job takes me.

mrshk
      Participant
      US
      First heard W&J in ’89 when we moved to Louisiana. I live in Cincinnati and Las Vegas (travel back and forth). My mom is still in Louisiana (near Hammond). I get down there when I can and listen live, bright and early when they’re on.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.

jwill
      Participant
      Ohio since 2003, originally from Baton Rouge. A 10%er since the beginning of the 80’s.

BeefSupreme
      Participant
      none
      I’m in Helena, MT. Been listening coherently since 1995. Originally from Baton Rouge. I have converted many Montanans to the app.
      I'm a constitutionalist.
        mrshk
        Participant
        US

I immediately thought of Idiocracy when I saw your name, BeefSupreme 😂

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.

BeefSupreme
          Participant
          none
          Mrshk, that is where I got it from! One of my favorite movies!
          I'm a constitutionalist.
      I’m impressed with how many people have responded. Keep it up!
      Finger
      Participant
      US
      Killeen…Central Texas.

This was my last duty duty station and figured this was “home”.   I’ve long since embraced Texas and all things Texas.  HEB…Whataburger…BBQ…Walton and Johnson…JCI Grill (every time I’m in Houston)…just to name a few.

First caught the boys when I got to Fort Polk in August of 2007…when Kenny was brand spankin’ new to the show as a producer.  Where does the time go?

Ever since (minus deployments), I’ve listened to WJ every day, every way I can.

If you haven’t given him a listen on Pursuit of Happiness…  I’ve often said that Kenny is a “diamond in the rough” with radio.  He has the potential of being a very big name in the years to come.

He has had the absolute BEST mentorship with John Walton and Steve Johnson.

With continued support, and the previous loss of John Walton – and the recent loss of Rush Limbaugh, the stage is being set for the next generation of great voices to take their place.

Ken Webster, Jr. has that promise of having his own place.  A lot of big names have come from the East and West Coast.  The time is coming for one grown out of the great city of Houston.

Iacet nobilitas mea.
      Kenny Webster
      Keymaster
      US
      I love that y’all listen outside of our broadcast area – we are honored to have you all as 10%ers
      Eat it everyday
      Nookie
      Participant
      I’m in NW Tennessee for the past 2 years, Baton Rouge B4 that, listener since 1993.  I lived in Holland for 4 years, used to have my mother in law send cassette tapes of the show to me over there.

I now listen via the iHeart app.  It works perfectly.

powertl
      Participant
      Hey! I am Canadian, listening from outside of Toronto, Ontario. 🙂
      My husband turned me on to W&J last year and I listen on iHeart radio.
      I love these guys!!
      …fyi, I am not a fan of hockey or back-bacon (Canadian bacon)…Don’t tell the other Canadians! Lol
Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.