Warren buffett style stock in Minnesota?

Forums Stocks & Financial Posts Warren buffett style stock in Minnesota?

Participant
    US
    Interesting question proposed in today’s show(3/9): when the city gets burned down by rioters, where do you invest your money to take dirty, war stock-like profits from it?

Biggest problem answering it, beyond the glaring moral act of profiteering, is that the rioting doesn’t directly bring profits about, but rebuilding does. Is there a construction or window company that is available on the stock market? I haven’t found it yet if there is. Barring that, a material supply company would also be a good idea.

This is more like half an idea, but if you have the other half, let us know here. We’ll all go in together on this.

Edit: typos. Yuck.

We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      Jed
      Participant
      US
      Find a company that sells bricks in the area. I’m sure pallets of bricks will show up just before the riots begin AND after the riots end, the business owners will buy more bricks to rebuild their shops.
      “You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      K2
      Participant
      US
      I thought about that. A few palates of bricks will not make or break a brickyard. And they are not likely to need a lot of new bricks afterwards. Glass companies, however, is a different story. The first thing the bricks go through is glass. I just didn’t see one on the stock market.
      We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.