Watch: Officials Force Crying Mentally Disabled People to Get You-Know-What Shot

Forums Real News Watch: Officials Force Crying Mentally Disabled People to Get You-Know-What Shot

• Replies
      UmmActually
      Participant

In the last ten years people with developmental disabilities and advocates have fought hard for the most basic of human rights. It’s sad to see Americans rights as a whole being chiseled away. It’s even more sad to see how fast the rights of vulnerable people are being stripped away, far faster than the fight they have had to gain them. Discusting!

K2
        Participant
        US
        Ummactually, for some reason I hate your name. That said fighting for rights is an uphill battle. Taking them away is almost always a downhill slide. All you have to do is keep people scared, and people give their rights up freely.
        We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      This is not my America this is not the land of the free anymore!!!

Fucking makes me ashamed!!!

BlackenFish
      Participant
      none
      Will the unvaccinated be forced into railcars to shower? It seems that will be next.
      Staring at the Sun for spots  
      Billw
      Participant
      US
      That is just pathetic and hard to watch. Plus it goes against the principals the country was founded on. Also against the improvements we have made in dealing with real social issues and with how we deal with and treat people with mental disabilities.
      Don't take life so seriously
      trav66
      Participant
      none
      That boils my blood!  These vaccines are still considered experimental, most people can decide to take it but most of the mentally disabled don’t have the capacity.  Those authorities should be held accountable for forcing vulnerable people to take it.  Do you think any of them would be charged with anything if one of those patients developed blood clots or some other adverse reactions?  (and would any of those patients know to tell somebody if they were having an adverse reaction?)
      melissadianne81
      Participant

As sad as this appears, I think it’s important to understand that these adults don’t have the mental capacity to make medical decisions for themselves. I was a special education teacher for students with severe disabilities for over a decade and my own daughter has Down syndrome… My daughter is only 3, but is very independent and high functioning and I believe that one day she will be fully capable of making informed decisions for her self in regards to her own healthcare. But there are many adults who do not have the mental capacity and they have severe preexisting conditions that could put them at extreme risk for complications due to Covid. On top of that, these people seem to be living in a group home so they probably need vaccines to keep everyone safe and so they can allow visitors, service providers, etc. And while it’s seems very inhumane to hold these adults against their will, many still have the mental capacity of a toddler, so they will react to things like a toddler. They don’t like shots. It’s terrifying to them because they don’t understand. The people seem to actually being trying to calm them down in an appropriate way. My assumption is these people had to have caretakers/guardians approve of this medical care.

So as horrifying as it appears, there’s a lot more to caring for people with mental disabilities than most people are aware of.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.