WHAT DO YOU CARRY? WHY?

Forums Guns, Ganja & Gambling WHAT DO YOU CARRY? WHY?

Participant
    US
    No, this isn’t a new tangent on 9mm v. .45 ACP…

My personal carry is the Beretta M9A1.  I can cite three reasons.

1.  It was what I was most familiar with while serving in the Army.  Go with what you know, right?
    2.   As it is 9mm, I figure if the zombie apocalypse or worse happens, 9mm will be the most common pistol ammo to scavenge off of bodies.
    3.   Consider this – Beretta has been in business, building firearms for FIVE HUNDRED YEARS.  Tough to beat a company that’s been doing anything for that long.

Curious what you folks carry and why.

Iacet nobilitas mea.
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Replies
      mrshk
      Participant
      US
      I carry a Sig p238. I’m small, it’s small. Fits nice inside my waistband. Smooth trigger pull. 6 + 1 at all times.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.

TeriDavisNewman
      US
      What do I carry?  A Ruger SP 101 .357 2.75″ barrel.  It’s been my daily carry for the last 25 years I’ve held a CCF permit.

Why?  Road rage.  In the 25 years I have held a CCF permit, I have never fired my weapon anywhere but the range and I have only drawn it once.  It saved my life and I didn’t have to kill the guy coming at me with a tire iron. He had it raised to hit me until he saw the Ruger. He froze like a statue; realizing he brought a tire iron to a gunfight.  I am certain that if I had been unarmed; I would have been badly injured or killed. Seeing the gun in my hand defused the situation and no one got hurt, thank God.

"God wouldn't have made me the way I am if He intended for me to sit down and shut up.    ----TDN

johnjr.martin84
      Participant
      none
      Having trouble finding 30.06, 45 ACP and 12 gauge birdshot. This is the same bullshit we got under OBAMA. Don’t take the rednecks guns away, prevent and document the deplorables from buying ammo.
      rhinopm
      Keymaster
      US
      I carry the most iconic handgun ever made… Colt 1911 A1.  Why?  Because MURICA!

Unless you are the leader, the view remains the same.
        Finger
        Participant
        US
        No argument there, just not practical for me to carry.

Pistols are like shoes.  Gotta go with what fits YOU, not what’s “fashionable” if you want to be comfortable.

Odd thing, I don’t own a revolver because I can’t find one that feels good in my hand.  No feel good, no shoot good.

Iacet nobilitas mea.
        johnjr.martin84
        Participant
        none
        That gun is a mean bitch. My late fathers is a Remington arms model with modified sights. I unloaded a clip on a tree a few years back and the hell that it unleashed was crazy. The 1911 carries my vote for the best pistol ever developed. Berettas are great. But 9.mm is nothing compared to a .45 acp.
      trav66
      Participant
      I would carry my .380 if it was legal to, but I lost it at the same lake Billy Ed lost his guns!
        K2
        Participant
        US
        I lost mine when I fell into the Mississippi River while fishing from the banks, but it was a Mossberg MC2C. Loved that thing. It’s grip was super comfortable. I could shoot all day with that thing. Plus the excdllent sight and 13 round mag was nice.

I miss it so much.

I'm not racist. I hate everybody equally.
      DustyB
      Participant
      US
      Before I lost it in the boating accident, a S&W Shield in 9mm. It’s a good shooter, and easy to conceal.
      Llama
      Participant
      US

DustyB: Before I lost it in the boating accident, a S&W Shield in 9mm. It’s a good shooter, and easy to conceal.

I carry the same gun in .40 S&W. I love it.

m_16
      Participant
      none
      I carry the Glock 43x. Had the 43 for a while and it was nice but the 43x you can get a full grip and 10+1 rounds (15+1 If you buy a SA magazine)
      MariaMaria89
      Participant
      US
      🔫 🚣 💥  🏊🏻‍♀️
      Ruger 3752 LCP .380

and/or

S&W 637 38 especial 😉

they’re little but packed a punch so hard they sank my boat down on the Guadalupe. I’m ok, luckily I can swim really well. 🇺🇸🇲🇽

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by MariaMaria89.
      Bull82
      Participant
      US
      Hi-point 9

Cause even the government ain’t gonna want those

MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      Well before I lost it in the lake I carried a Springfield Armory .45 cause that’s what I carried in the U.S. Marines as well as a Remington 870 12guage though it’s a little big to carry around.
      SilverBullet
      Participant
      US
      S&W shield.40

like the way it shoots and it’s comfortable in my White Hat holster

Shitposter mostly.
      luke517
      Participant
      I rotate my guns, that is before they fell out of the boat.
      K2
      Participant
      US
      I dontnknow about you, but it seems to me that boats are the most expensive things that 10%ers buy. The boat, the gas, the insurance, and all that gun many into the nearest lake. It’s a shame I tell you. A darn shame.
      I'm not racist. I hate everybody equally.
      MarineAO
      Participant
      US
      I don’t have a boat it was my brothers I have a Harley ALMOST as bad as a boat…
      Colt
      Participant
      US
      Colt 45 1911 Commander and my back up is a MP 9 SW. Why? Because I can.
      • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Colt.
      talumn
      Participant
      none
      I carry  glock 19. Why 15 +1 rounds and like Finger stated 9mm is the most common or 1 of the most common rounds, also I guess Im kinda a glock fan boys
      JJ
      Participant
      Springfield xds 45. on me every step I take.    Extra Extended mag in pocket.      Why/ fit functionality concealment.

Under back seat:  RRA  AR15 with 2-7 optic,   1000 rounds in magazines, tracer, soft point, fmj assortment.  Optic zeroed with soft points.  Kevlar.  Why/ because Ferguson Mo happened and I will not be dragged from my truck and beaten to death.

And in Late fall 2020, I added to my daily carry supplies, a Bergara 300 prc with nightforce optic.  300 rounds of ammo.  Fully tested and confirmed out to 1000 yards. Why/ I would rather distance myself from trouble if it arises.  (SHTF trouble)

Last but not least.  My best most comfortable pair of hiking boots.   Why/ If an EMP is deployed, I’m prepared to walk home.   Possibly hundreds of miles.

PS.  Center console.   Glock 41.    6 loaded mags.   200 rounds of  45+p with the .556 under the back seat.  Why/ no reason, it’s my fun gun.

Oldgoat41
      Participant
      US
      I normally carry a Ruger P97DC. I like it because it reminds me of the Colt 1911 I was issued in 1972. I wish I still had that sweet pistol. Unfortunately, I had to sell it in 1985 when I got in a financial bind due to medical bills after learning my oldest had cystic fibrosis.
      If you stand for nothing, you fall for anything! And you can try, but, you can’t fix stupid!
      BenLess
      Participant
      US
      No one in this video had.

He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security. Ben Franklin
      leefrom
      Participant
      US
      40 s.w. Glock 27 sub-compact……Cause it’s a Glock
      Facts before feelings and eating it every day.
      AbbyNormal
      Participant
      none
      S&W 460. because I can.
      Jed
      Participant
      US

This is my “sleep carry” setup. Headboard gun magnet holds my Smith and Wesson 9mm with laser activated by a button under the trigger guard. Easy to get on target in low light.

“You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      The Blargh Of Gurr
      Participant
      US
      guns have too much red tape for my taste, i do however have melee and ranged options

You'll inevitably die, However you'll always feel, Suffering is forever, Hold on to the hurt, Squeeze it tight!
      lineman578
      Participant
      US
      Before I lost mine kayaking in the lake behind the house, I would either carry my Ruger LC9 or my Glock 48. But in the winter when I would wear a coat I would carry my Glock 23.
      Hawk
      Participant
      Summer – Ruger LCP 380

Winter – Sig P238 9mm

These 2 exist to allow me to get to my truck.

Always (truck) Mossberg 12ga 00buck!

johnjr.martin84
      Participant
      none
      My guns were transferred to a raft when Harvey hit. The thought process was to get them on the creek and out of the house. Tragically, they all floated away. 😕
      xXx_69four20_xXx
      Participant
      CL
      Hellcat. Just because.

Persistence can piss a hole through a mountain.

miminytx
      Participant
      US
      S&W Shield 380 EZ

It’s comfy.
      It’s beautiful.
      It’s EZ.

roadkingsteve
      Participant
      none
      Sig p238 nice reliable pocket gun. 
      Collin1224
      Participant
      US
      xXx_69four20_xXx
      Participant
      CL

I took a look (held, aimed) at the p365 SAS, has anyone has a chance to fire it?

Persistence can piss a hole through a mountain.

firstsgt253
      Participant
      1st choice – Kimber 1911 – .45 acp

ccw – Sig P365 – 9mm

ccw backup – Ruger LCP- .380

Mongo
      Participant
      US
      So I know I’m gonna sound like a basic bitch when I say I carry a glock, but hey I’m not gonna judge anything anyone else carries. I got a hold of the glock 43x, and I have absolutely loved it. I am a larger man and the grip is the perfect size for me and it is also very easy to conceal due to the small slide length. My favorite thing about it is the new mags that I got. I purchased two Shield Arms S15 mags which give you a 15+1 capacity, and the mag fits flush! I absolutely love the thing and if you’re a fan of glocks I urge you to give it a try
      BigJonAirborne82
      Participant
      I carry a S&W Shield 9mm because it is easy to conceal, shoots great, and very reliable. Going to get a Shield + performance center model soon. I keep a S&W .40 cal as a backup and a BM9 9mm 9″ barrel AR as a backup “truck” gun.
      Amos01
      Participant
      I carry the Springfield XDS .45. Small enough for back waist or a front pants pocket. It shoots great and recoil is not what some would think. Oh and because it’s a .45!
      ReverendRedneck
      Participant
      Before tragically losing it in a boating accident, I carried my Kel-Tek P-11.
      10+1 and DAO so no safety to fool with on an emergency.
      redqueen
      Participant
      Sig P365. Carry cuz I can, lol. I drive a truck
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.