Why the National Guard at the Capitol building and not active duty troops?

Forums Real News Why the National Guard at the Capitol building and not active duty troops?

Participant
    none
    Just an observation and questions:   Why was the National Guard from multiple states called in for an assault on the Capitol building?   The logistics of that is just impossible. You have an active mob attacking the building and they want to call multiple states to activate their Guard units, which takes, at a minimum, hours just to assemble.  Not to mention organizing, equipping, and transporting.

Now, there are at least two active duty units station in the DC area whose mission it is to protect the National Capital Region.  Those units are the Marines at The Marine Corps Barracks at 8th and I and then the 3d US Infantry (The Old Guard) stationed across the river at Fort Myer.   I know this because I was stationed with The Old Guard and we trained for such things.

So, why call in an unprepared group that takes hours if not days to assemble when you have a few units in the area that can be there in a much shorter time period and have all the logistics in place such as housing, food, uniforms, and transportation?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Replies
      Finger
      Participant
      US
      Posse Comitatus Act 1878.

…and now you know.

Iacet nobilitas mea.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.