W&J APP

Forums The W&J Show – General W&J APP

Participant
    US
    Y’all put Friday’s whole stream as one episode on the app. As someone that drives around A LOT, I can dig it! Hope y’all make that a thing! It’s great not having to close out and find the next hour on the road.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Replies
      BeefSupreme
      Participant
      none
      Agreed. I didn’t mind that surprise either
      I'm a constitutionalist.
      kmcalistersr
      Participant
      The Friday show ran only 49 minutes.  Usually 120 minutes all told.

One stream is ok by me too, but where is the rest of the show?

Collin1224
        Participant
        US
        I thought the same thing also; but if you let it play through it will play the usual 3’ish hours. It’s weird. It will look like it’s about to run out but then it will just keep going.
      LibertyGreg
      Participant
      Totally agree – the single livestream show was great.
      kemosabe
      Participant
      none
      a single stream is great.

but if they start doing it that way i’ll miss how they inevitably scramble each day’s multiple program segments from say, 9am first, then 7 am next, then 5 am … really keeps us loyal, linear listeners on our toes.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by kemosabe.
      Mark James
      Participant
      Agreed.  I also run the roads all day long, and it’s nice not to have to get the phone, and change to the next hour.  Thank you Kenny and Steve, and Billy Ed, Mr. Eaux, and that homo Mr. Kenneth, you make my driving so much easier.
      K2
      Participant
      US
      I agree as well. Single stream is  great. I may suggest though that it might be easier for the comers and goers like myself if the time was a single, continuous timeline.
      We stand together because otherwise, we don't stand at all.
      kmcalistersr
      Participant
      They fixed something that wasn’t broken.
      Could go to a particular segment I had not listened to with the segment format. Now have to seatch the whole stream.
      xXx_69four20_xXx
      Participant
      CL
      Let’s be honest, the app was never that great.. I’ve had it for a long time.. they say you can listen to old shows with John, I never really found them…

I miss John, he was certainly a father figure to me, I’ll never forget the exact moment I heard of his passing…

But with iheart, you don’t really need the app…

Rip John, thank you Kenny for continuing his legacy

Persistence can piss a hole through a mountain.

xXx_69four20_xXx
        Participant
        CL
        Honestly, I feel like this platform should be an app rather than a website, while I love seeing html code break its self every time I hit the back button on my phone, this seems like it should be downloadable rather than just a website, but I love it either way

Persistence can piss a hole through a mountain.

seedub-a-you
      Participant
      US
      I drive as well and I do enjoy the fact that I did not have to go to the next hour but with that said….

If there’s a particular story like something that I want to play later for a friend or that they reference in the show …”in the 6 o’clock hour”   I can go directly to it by going to the hour …..so please producer/rockstar/host Kenny,

Please keep it in the hour format

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by seedub-a-you.
      Alvin
      Participant
      none
      Please keep the hour by hour. I listen live 5:30 to 8:00 and 8:00 to 10:00 on the app in the evening.
      JoshR777
      Participant
      How about some quick links that will take you to the beginning of every hour? I don’t hate the one large file but sometimes my phone can forget where I was listening if I stop and come back later, or the other day I was driving down the road listening when my wife called and after the call it started over! I just gave up a that point, too hard to find where I was.
      Dickigaloot
      Participant
      US
      I listen to the show on the App because I work as a night security guard. I drive a hour to get to work and some of my posts I guard requires driving as well. I have always wanted the show to be 1 link to click to listen to the show instead of while driving looking for the right hour of the show because they were never in order and then scroll to click the next hour. Clicking 1 link to listen to the show is a Gawd send I really hope you keep it that way!
      "There was a HOLE here. It's gone now."
      johnjr.martin84
      Participant
      none
      1. I like the new single file format. The hour by hour also had its advantages though because yes, sometimes the app will randomly reset when an Indian guy (dot not feather) tries to call me about my cars extended warranty. I used the 2x speed to find where it cut off and I had flashbacks from my 20’s when I used to pop speed pills. No complaints here, just an observation. Keep on kicking ass.
      timmytate
      Participant
      The new file format is good if you want to listen to the entire show over again.  However, it makes it very difficult to only listen to certain segments.  I personally love the 530 segment.  Always have, its very raw and enjoying actually listening to just two guys talking over coffee before the crew gets there.  I would listen upto the part where I finally started listening.  Then go to the rest that I missed later in the show.  Now, it gets very difficult, to say skip to the 9 AM segment.  It can be done, but it can get very tricky with my fat fingers.  But hey, I’m not complaining about something that is FREEEEEEEEEE.
      MAM67
      Participant
      I listen exclusively on the app so that I don’t miss a moment – have for years. Been a loyal 10%er since Day One when I was 15. Now I’m 53 and I miss John Walton every day. PLEASE keep the shows on a little longer before deleting them. I used to listen to anything I’d missed over the previous week or so throughout the weekend, and save the end of Friday’s show for Monday morning while I get ready for work. Never have found John’s old clips or the November 9, 2016 Election Day celebration show. One long streaming episode per day wouldn’t be the end of the world, except…as previously mentioned, you can’t find anything, the segments aren’t labeled, but the true deal-breaker for me is that the damn thing (which I realize is FREE, mind you) resets sporadically and there’s no way to get even close to where I left off. Even at 2X speed, it’s a 4.5 hour show… The ad banner at the bottom often covers the rewind control buttons and this “new and improved” version renders the app virtually nonfunctional unless you’re lucky enough to have hours and hours of uninterrupted time. For those of us with one of those “job thingies” who’d still enjoy listening to “The Radio Gawds” every time I’m in the car, I ask…please stop fixing what’s not broken. I’ve had more than enough of that with my own government. UNGAWA!
        timmytate
        Participant
        Its under the best of John Walton.  It labeled Trump 2016 Victor Show.  I just played it to make sure it works.

kirkbkirk
      Participant
      US
      I love the new format! Works great for me while I am working on things and don’t have to stop and start the next segment.
      Keep your face to the sunshine, and you will not see the shadows.
      Jed
      Participant
      US
      Anyone know the the order to listen? It’s 5 segments again, but there’s no time on them
      “You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      johnjr.martin84
      Participant
      none
      I’m just guessing at this point. This is worse than the last format!!! At least put the time back on there!
      Dickigaloot
      Participant
      US
      well it’s back to being separated, if we are going back to the old format Would you kindly upload them in numerical order to make it easy to get to the next one? 🥺
      "There was a HOLE here. It's gone now."
      halffartprince1
      Participant
      A few suggestions

Add 10 second rewind and fast forward buttons

If 1 long stream, put hour tic marks on time-line

Start working on the impeachment of Harris and every dem until a republican gets in

ethernet16
      Participant
      US
      On the Tuesday and Wednesday shows there isn’t a time stamp so I don’t know what order I should be listening too?
        Jed
        Participant
        US
        I turned my phone sideways and saw a few time for Wednesday’s show. They’re putting it at the end of the description instead of the beginning, so it’s getting cut off.
        “You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power, just ‘cause some watery tart threw a sword at you” -Dennis
      sammyec1
      Participant
      We need more “Best of John Walton”! There’s a show on there that doesn’t have john on it. I checked it to make sure. If you need more room I’m sure you can take out some of the “Comedy Bits” section.
      JoshR777
      Participant
      Now in addition to no time markers for each hour now it keeps cutting out! I know it’s free but in the words of Dementia Joe, “Come on, man!”
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.